Never have I been one to fish for new tracks in the sea of music that covers 72% of the earth’s surface—I’ve always found it too daunting. This has meant that I acquire each new song from one of three sources: this radio station’s shelves, my sister and father (both of whom are much cooler than me), and from the movies I see.
So below are my top five favorite songs that I’ve acquired from cinema. I’ve linked to youtube videos of the songs in relation to their respective movies, so BEWARE OF SPOILERS.
1. Pulp Fiction: “Girl, You’ll Be A Woman Soon” by Urge Overkill
2. Kill Bill Vol. 2: “About Her” by Malcolm McClaren
3. Romeo + Juliet: “Talk Show Host” by Radiohead
4. Drive: “Nightcall” by Kavinsky
5. High Fidelity: “Dry the Rain” by The Beta Band
These are also all pretty good if not great movies. So watch them if you haven’t—or even if you have—and enjoy the kick-ass soundtracks!